Following the motto ‘Think Globally – Act Regionally’, the SCHWARZWALD PANORAMA in Germany takes numerous measures in order to preserve the natural beauty and diversity of the Black Forest for future generations. All efforts that are made to protect the climate and the environment are combined with the best possible quality for the guest.
Therefore, the hotel offers climate-neutral hotel stays, climate-neutral packages, climate-neutral meetings and events, as well as climate-neutral arrival and departure.
The SCHWARZWALD PANORAMA pursues a 3 columns concept for effective climate protection:
- Avoiding CO₂ emissions and integration of CO-neutral products
- Neutralization of any remaining residual emissions through offsetting projects.
- All guests are provided the opportunity to neutralize the CO₂ emissions generated at their arrival and departure in our reception area.
- All environmental effects of the hotel operations are recorded and analyzed
- The annual CO₂ emissions are calculated with the goal of the greatest possible reduction of CO₂ emissions
- Use of eco-friendly cleaners, sustainably produced printed products and other materials
- species conservation (own bee hives, bird houses and feeding stations, wild bees and insect hotels)
- raised-bed gardening, green roofs, flower meadows
- successful motivation of business partners to operate climate neutral
If requested, your stay at SCHWARZWALD PANORAMA will be climate neutral. The CO₂ emissions generated during your stay will be reported and offset through the support of recognized climate protection projects in collaboration with ClimatePartner.
- Use of regional and seasonal products and ingredients
(70% organic-certified and 30% slow food-share)
- Untreated and fresh prepared domestic and international cuisine
- eggs from dual-purpose chicken breed of an organic farm within 10 km distance
- meat from male “brother roosters”
- organic milk products in Bioland- and Demeter quality
- Integration of modern, user-friendly and energy-saving technologies (green IT, LED-lighting, etc.)
- sustainable outdoor-minibar “Hopfenhöhle” (hop cave) without electricity
- no air-condition
- Preferred use of materials and products of fair trade origins
- Reduction of paper consumption, transition to Blue-Angel-paper and reuse as scratch paper
- Separation and avoidance of garbage, “waste crash course” for employees
- Multilingual labeling of bins for optimal waste separation
- Adoption of reusable materials
- Candle residuals are donated to a local candle manufactory
- use of biodegradable detergents
- “Blue Angel” eco toilet paper
- lavender bags with inscription “No room cleaning today! Thank you for the environment”
- refillable shower gel and lotion system in 300 ml dispenser
- the SCHWARZWALD PANORAMA donates all things left in the rental vacations after six months to a local social institution
- DVD rental for employees of sustainability addressing movies
- “exchange pin board” for employees to set an example against consumer culture
- collaboration with local workshops for disabled people in terms of operational integration
- massage device in the canteen
- Support Global Family Resort
- Mindfulness training for employees during working hours
for more info:https://schwarzwald-panorama.com