Office buildings, corporate offices, public organizations such as municipalities, banks, government departments, etc. Due to excessive consumption of resources such as energy, water, paper, and other raw materials, transportation of staffs and wastes are from the largest centers of Environmental pollutants that often not considered.
Every day, the service sector is a major component of the business community, therefore, controlling the environmental consequences of buildings and offices of organizations is particular importance.
A significant amount of energy and resources are lost daily due to lack of environmental management program in this sector which in addition to imposing high costs on organizations, exacerbates climate change.
Organizations by creating green office system and reduce their environmental consequences, act against climate change. By saving resources, such as the optimal use of electricity, water and materials in their daily programs, they reduce their costs and increase their organization’s competitiveness.
The Green Office is a tool for implementing an environmental management system and providing quick and easy access to measurable economical and environmental results in an integrated and synchronized way. Green office increases team spirit and motivation among employees. This system helps the organization share its values with the stakeholders.
Applying the green office brand in the organization creates a positive social image and credibility.
The focus areas in the green office work model are as follows:
2-5 Garden/Green Space
3-7 Cultural measures
4.7- Cultural Measures
5.5- Cultural Measures
6-3 Cultural Measures
|7- Transportation||7-1 Transportation Management|
8-3 Protection of Employees
Purposes of Using Checklists of the Green Office
- Aligning daily activities of office with the environment as a management component
- Identifying the important criteria having priorities for the organization (office, department and …)
- Empowering human resources in their implementation and ensuring sustainability
- Logical improvement in the productivity of resource use
- Creating an opportunity for organizations to adopt an approach to create the green office system
Green Office System
The following measures must be performed for implementation of green office system:
- Self-audit and understanding of the organization situation
- Developing the policy that represents a organizational commitment to the principles of green office
- Providing an operational plan for Green Office
- Implementation of program
- Supervision and monitoring
Auditing and Certification:
This model, after implementation of improvement projects and internal audits by users, based on organization request, External audits are conducted by the experts of Sustain Ever and ultimately lead to a formal certification by the Energy Globe Foundation(www.energyglobe.info).
Certificate of the Energy Globe Foundation is one of the most known in the world. The Energy Global Foundation has 182 member countries.
Note: An external audit of organizations can be made in an unobstructed and self-explanatory manner by the applicant.