OCÉANO Health Spa Hotel continues to further develop its recognition as leading Medical Wellness Hotel offering sustainable and environment-friendly vacation: In the rooms (biological beds), in the restaurant (ingredients from predominantly biological cultivation and regional origin) and constant education of the therapists’ team in health prevention.
- The Pseudo-Canary style which was established in 1970 – 1990 was removed within the last years and replaced step by step with the original style referring to todays architecture and the location close to the ocean.
- The building had been constructed with the possibilities of the 60s. In particular one shoud consider that at this time the infrastructure was limited. Today the construction works refer to European norms.
- The use of materials which can be diminished on the island is forbidden. The nature Basalt stone slabs in the garden are not available anymore. Same applies to the special volcanic pumice which were used in former times for decoration, there is no longer a wood industry on the island.
- Conservation of old building substance.
- Since decades the house is continuously renovated and improved.
- Local plants in the garden, however, it is important to take the location direct at the sea in consideration
- No pest control with chemicals
- The toiletries produced are ecologically friendly
- Packaging is biodegradable
- Ecologically friendly cleaning products are used as far as possible
- Solar energy is used since decades
- All available surfaces are used for solar records, so that approx. 50% of the hot-water can be processed by solar energy
- Power-saving LEDs
- Movement dispatch riders & time switch clocks are used at the entire hotel.
- Water consumption and saving targets are monitored
- The company technology supervises the consumption monthly. New targets are fixed yearly.
- Water saving toilet flushes
- Towels and bedlinen are not changed daily
- Beside the drinking water a local co-operative supplies the hotel with surface water which is used for the irrigation of the garden and the toilet flush
- Whenever possible, the products are sourced locally (milk products, oil, wine, fruit, vegetables). In addition bio products are sourced whenever available
- The Océano Health Spa is the biggest employer of the region and occupies predominantly Canary employees since the beginning.
- Support of schools, hospitals, charitable facilities
- There is a cooperation with the German school of Tenerife
- Intensive cooperation with the municipality within the Centro de Vecinos (in Spain usual civil organisation)
- Other support of local, social projects
for more info: https://www.oceano.de/en/the-hotel/